Once again, I count myself blessed! I continue to see God's hand at work, blessing every step of the process in going to the Philippines. Tonight I talked to Jessica, the girl I will be student teaching with. We talked for nearly an hour and a half, and it was great to hear her story and excitement about going to student teaching in the Philippines. It is so neat to see how much we are alike. It seems like there are so many times when she will say something, and I'll be like, "Ya, me too!" There are differences between us, but right now it seems like a majority of things are similar! It will be a blessing to have such a close friend.
Another huge blessing came tonight while I was talking to her. We had previously talked on Facebook, and we had known that we are both trying to learn Tagalog, and we thought it would be fun to practice together. I was wondering how it would work to practice talking together when we were learning different things. I thought maybe it would be very choppy trying to talk when we didn't know the same words. So, we were talking about this tonight, and Jess was telling me how she was using this auditory program that wasn't really working very well for her. She said she had gotten a book that had a CD with it. I was thinking, "I have a book with an audio CD, too." So I asked her if she knew the name of the book, and she couldn't remember. But, she did remember that it was a Tuttle book, so I grabbed my book (which I haven't had time to look at yet), and I said, "My book is a Tuttle book, too." She said, "Does it have 44 lessons?" I looked at the index, and it definitely has 44 lessons! I was so excited to discover we actually bought the same book! I wasn't originally going to get that book, so it was definitely a God thing that I did! Now, we are going to be able to keep each other accountable for learning Tagalog, and we are going to be able to study it together! It's so incredible! I am constantly being overwhelmed at the greatness of God, even in the little things that really aren't that important! He is just so good!
Prayer Requests
- That God would give me strength to make it through the day! I've been tired lately!
- ~That God would continue to provide for me in every way - including a way to work through different experiences.
- ~That I will be able to assimilate to the culture, be willing to laugh at situations that go wrong, and do my best to understand the Filipinos.
- ~God has brought in all of my support! Praise the Lord for His faithfulness!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment