Prayer Requests

  • That God would give me strength to make it through the day! I've been tired lately!
  • ~That God would continue to provide for me in every way - including a way to work through different experiences.
  • ~That I will be able to assimilate to the culture, be willing to laugh at situations that go wrong, and do my best to understand the Filipinos.
  • ~God has brought in all of my support! Praise the Lord for His faithfulness!

Friday, March 6, 2009

Just a quick update

Not much has been going on since I got my support letters out, except for the fact that support letters are coming in. It's kind of a weird place for me to be in, because I feel that I should be doing something, but right now, God has me in a place of waiting. It's fun to see how He is providing! After only two weeks, I am at 26%! It's amazing! God is so good! I don't really know many details, but the more I find out about Faith, the more excited I get about it! I have had contact with each of my three teachers already, and I'm excited to get to meet them! I have found out that Faith has staff devotions every morning before classes start, which I am SUPER excited about! I also found out that one of my classrooms has a breathtaking view of the city! Once I get there, I'll be sure to take pictures and put them online! Something else I'm excited about is getting to be a part of the local church. One of my teachers said that she is a part of a women's Bible study at her church! I would LOVE to do that! I really want to be involved in the local church. I really want to make it a point to get out into the city and put to practice all of this Tagalog I'm learning! I've done five lessons, and I'm pretty overwhelmed with the amount of words, but the more I get into it, the more I am enjoying it and being able to use it. Please continue to pray that I can have clarity when working on it and will be able to understand, use, and remember it! Thanks for your prayers! We serve a great God!

No comments:

Post a Comment